Schedule of Business
Tuesday 25th, Wednesday 26th & Thursday 27th November, 2014
14:30 – Order of Business
16:30 – 18:30 Statements on Water Sector Reforms
[Department of the Environment, Community & Local Government]
Spokesperson Senator Cait Keane
10:30 – Order of Business
11:45 – 13:00 Motion regarding the Relevant Report on the relevant Proposal for a Banking Inquiry under Standing Orders and the Houses of the Oireachtas (Inquiries, Privileges and Procedures) Act 2013
Motion regarding Terms of Reference of Inquiry into the Banking Crisis – without Debate
Motion regarding Orders of Reference of the Select Committee of Inquiry into the Banking Crisis – without Debate
13:00 – 13:30 Statements on the availability of certain medication
[Minister for Health]
Spokesperson Senator Colm Burke
15:00 – 17:00 Statements on Tourism
[Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport]
Spokesperson Terry Brennan
17:00 – 19:00 Private Members Business –Motion re Tourism
Spokesperson T. Brennan
“That Seanad Éireann-
– recognises the critical role that Sport plays in our society and appreciates the significant health benefits to citizens of all ages who regularly participate in sport and physical activities.
– acknowledges the importance of attracting International sporting events to Ireland such as American football, golfing tournaments and especially our bid to host the 2023 Rugby World Cup.
– salutes the thousands of volunteers who organise all types of sporting activities on a weekly basis, and the many and varied sports clubs the length and breadth of the country that have provided many sporting opportunities for many years for participants of all age groups.
– commends the Government for continuing to support the extremely successful Sports Capital Grants Programme despite the severe financial restraints of recent years
– encourages the Minister to support the programme into the future to enable sporting organisations to continue to provide and upgrade services and facilities, which ultimately will result in a much greater participation in sport.
– Senators Terry Brennan, Maurice Cummins, Paul Coghlan, Colm Burke, Eamonn Coghlan, Michael Comiskey, Martin Conway, Jim D’Arcy, Michael Darcy, Imelda Henry, Cáit Keane, Tony Mulcahy, Michael Mullins, Hildegarde Naughton, Catherine Noone, Pat O ‘Neill, Tom Sheahan]
10:30 – Order of Business
11:45 – Statements on Flooding
[Minister of State with special responsibility for the OPW]
Spokesperson Senator Tom Sheahan
13:30 – 15:00 Statements on Foreign Affairs
“An update on developments in the Middle East and Ukraine”
[Minister for Foreign Affairs]
Spokesperson Senator Michael Mullins